Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 gr or 1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
- 3 gr or 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 gr or ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 gr or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F.
- Coat a 25×30 cm or 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with garlic slices.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Bake covered in the preheated oven 25 minutes.
- Remove cover, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Note 1: In the last 15 to 20 minutes you can also top it with diced tomatoes, fresh basil and feta cheese.
Note 2: You can brown the chicken beforehand so it doesn’t look so pale on your plate.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 3.1g
Total Carbohydrates 4.1g
Dietary Fiber 1.3g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130704-Sun-on-a-Plate-Chicken-Garlic-Basil-Tomato