Makes 10 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 140 gr or ¾ cup uncooked white rice
- 355 ml or 1½ cups low sodium, low fat vegetable broth
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 840 gr or 3½ cups canned black beans, drained
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and sautee for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and black beans.
Note: Easy to re-heat leftovers.
Amount Per Serving 1 serving is a side-dish, 2 servings is a meal,
Total Fat: 0.9g
Total Carbohydrates: 27.1g
Dietary Fiber: 6.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat two servings max !
PDF of this recipe: 20151126-AC-19-Black-Beans+Rice