Makes 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 8 hours 30 minutes
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 830 ml or 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 830 ml or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 225 gr or 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ gr or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 120 ml or ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chops over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- In the same pan, cook onion in oil over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in mushrooms and bell pepper, and cook until these vegetables are soft.
- Mix in pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and white wine.
- Season with Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic.
- Pour over pork chops in slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- To serve, place a slice of cheese over each chop, and cover with sauce.
Note: Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 31g
Total Carbohydrates: 41.8g
Dietary Fiber: 8.4g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20151119-AC-18-Slow-Cooker-Pork-Cacciatore