Makes 4 servings (12 patties)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 225 gr or 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 40 gr or ¼ cup chopped onion
- 60 gr or ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 40 gr or ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 55 gr or ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- a clove of crushed garlic to taste
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, freshly ground black pepper and crushed garlic.
- Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonful, and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden.
Note 1: You can substitute instant mashed potato flakes for the flour.
Note 2: Throw in some chopped mushrooms since they go so well with zucchini.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 14.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 15.7g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150924-AC-10-Zucchini-Patties