Makes 10 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Cool: 60 minutes
- 340 gr or 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked tri-color rotini pasta
- 10 slices bacon
- 235 ml or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 20 gr or 3 tablespoons dry ranch salad dressing mix (which is almost a whole package)
- 1 gr or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon garlic pepper
- 120 ml or ½ cup milk, or as needed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 x 120 gr or 4¼ ounce can of sliced black olives
- 115 gr or 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Place bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until evenly brown.
- Drain and chop.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, and garlic pepper.
- Stir in milk until smooth.
- Place rotini, bacon, tomato, black olives and cheese in bowl and toss to coat with dressing.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Toss with additional milk if the salad seems a little dry.
Note 1: Not a big fan of garlic powder? So substitute it with freshly minced garlic.
Note 2: Squeeze half a lemon over it all and give it a toss before serving, it freshen it up a bit.
Note 3: Substitute 2 gr or 1 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh pepper in place of the garlic pepper.
Note 4: When you want this to be more of a meal, boil 3 chicken breasts, cube them and put them in the salad.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe:
Total Fat: 26.8g
Total Carbohydrates: 14.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150827-ST18-Bacon-Ranch-Pasta-Salad