Makes 16 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cool: 60 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 (16 ounce) package fusilli (spiral) pasta
- 450 gr or 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 225 gr or ½ pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 225 gr or ½ pound salami, cubed
- 115 gr or ¼ pound sliced pepperoni, cut in half
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1x 285 gr or 1 (10 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1x 115 gr or 4 ounce jar pimentos, drained
- 450 gr or 2 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Pat the pasta dry, with a clean dish or paper towels,
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with tomatoes, cheese, salami, pepperoni, green pepper, olives, and pimentos.
- Pour in half the salad dressing, and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes, or overnight.
- Pour in other half of the salad dressing, and toss to coat again.
Note 1: You can also use tri color rotini, grape tomatoes, pepperoncini’s instead of the green peppers, and some chunked red onion.
Note 2: Add cubed zucchini, a red bell pepper, and some fresh mozzarella.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe:
Total Fat: 17.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 25.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150806-ST15-Picnic-Pasta-Salad