Makes 10 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cool: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 235 ml or 1 cup pineapple juice
- 110 gr or ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup light soy sauce
- 900 gr or 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or strips
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
- Remove from heat just before the mixture comes to a boil.
- Place chicken tenders in a medium bowl.
- Cover with the pineapple marinade, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Thread chicken lengthwise onto wooden skewers.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Grill chicken tenders 5 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.
- They cook quickly, so watch them closely.
Note 1: Please don’t EVER reuse a marinade as a condiment or dipping sauce that raw chicken has been marinating in UNLESS you boil it first! You don’t want salmonella poisoning. (You should do this with any type of marinade, no matter what kind of meat is used).
Note 2: Mix some cornstarch into the marinade, boil it with some pineapple chunks and serve it over plain white rice.
Additional suggestion: Add a little grated ginger to the marinade.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 2.2g
Total Carbohydrates: 14.7g
Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150723-ST13-Pineapple-Chicken-Tenders-