Makes 2 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
- 120 gr or 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 155 gr or 1 cup sliced cantaloupe
- 145 gr or 1 cup sliced avocado
- 80 gr or ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 gr or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 20 gr or 1 tablespoon mint apple jelly
- 8 ml or 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Divide spinach between 2 serving plates.
- Arrange half of the cantaloupe and half of the avocado in a circular pattern over the spinach on each plate.
- Sprinkle with diced red pepper and fresh mint.
- Mix together the mint jelly, white wine vinegar, oil and garlic.
- Drizzle over the salads.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 31.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 23.7g
Dietary Fiber: 7.7g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150528-GMF-Cantaloupe-Salad-Spinach-Mint
Number 14 of the 20 Healthiest Foods on Earth
Some think that cantaloupe is a negative calorie food, but whether it is or it isn’t it’s still a great addition to your regular diet. Picking a cantaloupe is easy enough, you simply give it a sniff and see if it smells like ripe cantaloupe or not, you’ll know. There’s also a relatively large window for when you use it, so you can buy it without worrying about it going bad soon. Just make sure that when you first cut it open you finish it off quickly.
The main benefit to eating cantaloupe is all the vitamins it contains, most notably Vitamins A and C. These provide powerful antioxidants that your body uses right away to help itself survive in the world we live in and all the stresses that come with it. There are also benefits to your heart and lungs, and it helps you to feel more relaxed. You should also get natural energy from it, which makes it a smarter choice than drinking an energy drink or using a caffeinated pick-me-up.
Vitamin Breakdown per 100g
Vitamin C – 61% of what you need each day, mix it up with other fruits day to day.
Vitamin A – 68% of your daily needs, not a bad start to the day.
Calories – 34 – Calorie counters rejoice!
Fat – 0.2g – Makes it easy to incorporate into several different diet programs.
PDF of these 20-Healthiest-Foods-on-Earth