In style with the 20 Healthiest Foods in the World, these Good Mood Food recipes.
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 410 gr or 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 285 gr or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- salt and freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- 85 gr or 3 ounces Roquefort cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, and sauté the onion until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and spinach, and continue cooking until the spinach is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the Roquefort cheese, and allow to melt slightly before serving.
Note: Switch out the blue cheese for feta.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 10.3g
Total Carbohydrates: 8.4g
Dietary Fiber: 3.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150226-GMF-Spinach-Twist
Number 1 of the 20 Healthiest Foods on Earth
Much has been written about the virtues of spinach, and rightly so. It’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat. It’s also readily available at most local supermarkets, and reasonably priced. You can get it fresh in the produce section, or you can buy it frozen in leaf form, and also canned in the canned veggies aisle. The main concern is getting more of it into your system so you can reap all of the positive benefits.
Right away spinach is going to go to work for you, providing you with energy, and helping you to fill your stomach without adding a lot of calories to your daily intake. When you factor in the phytonutrients working as antioxidants you’re doing yourself a huge favor with the battle against free radical damage. Not to mention you’re helping to nourish your body on a cellular level, providing increased energy, and it aids any weight loss efforts.
Vitamin Breakdown per Cup – Raw, think fresh leafy greens
Vitamin A – 2813 IU – over half of what you need daily.
Vitamin K – 145mcg – almost twice as much as needed daily.
Folate – 58.2mcg – a good chunk of your daily requirement.
PDF of these 20-Healthiest-Foods-on-Earth