Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 40 gr or ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 gr or ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 gr or ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 gr or ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 450 gr or 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, pounded thin
- 45 gr or 3 tablespoons butter
- 60 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
- 140 gr or 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 gr or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 235 ml or 1 cup Marsala wine
- Mix flour, salt ,garlic salt, garlic powder, and oregano together in a medium bowl.
- Add pork chops, and toss until well coated.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place pork in skillet in a single layer, and cook, turning occasionally, until brown on both sides.
- Add mushrooms and minced garlic; cook and stir briefly.
- Stir in wine, scraping the skillet to loosen any brown bits.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat until pork is tender and sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- If sauce is too thick, adjust by stirring in a small amount of wine.
Note 1: Subsitute Cabernet for the Marsala so you don’t have to buy a whole bottle of wine when you use only one third of a said bottle.
Note 2: Serve it with red ‘smashed’ potatoes with feta cheese and sweet carrots.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 27.6g
Total Carbohydrates: 18.3g
Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150212-Quick-Easy-Pork-Marsala