Makes 3 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 120 gr or 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 125 gr or 1 cup zucchini matchsticks
- 200 gr or ½ (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 170 gr or 6 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 125 gr or 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 gr or ⅛ teaspoon salt to taste
- 315 gr or 2 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 35 gr or ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 15 gr or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 15 ml or 3 teaspoons sweet red chili sauce, or to taste
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir carrot and zucchini in the hot oil until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir until carrots are tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and set vegetables aside.
- Stir cooked rice, green onions, soy sauce, and black pepper in the same skillet until the rice is hot.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, melt butter and gently fry eggs.
- Turn them once, until the yolks are still slightly runny but the egg whites are firm, about 3 minutes per egg.
- To serve, divide hot cooked rice mixture between 3 serving bowls and top each bowl with ⅓ of the vegetable mixture and a fried egg.
- Serve sweet red chili sauce on the side for mixing into bibimbap.
Note: If wanted add some florets of broccoli or a handful of spinach leaves.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.8g
Total Carbohydrates: 45g
Dietary Fiber: 5.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150205-Quick-Easy-Vegetarian-Bibimbap