Makes 8 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 gr or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 900 gr or 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 60 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
- 120 ml or ½ cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F.
- Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper, making a paste.
- Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings.
- Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.
- Place pork loin into oven, turning and basting with pan liquids.
- Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 63° C or 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast to a platter.
- Heat the wine in the pan and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom.
- Serve with pan juices.
Note 1: You can also rub the pork loin with the paste, then put it in a ziploc bag and put it in the fridge for a few hours to marinate.
Note 2: Throw in some cut up vegetables with the loin (carrots, onions and celery) and pour about 1/4 cup of wine in the bottom of the pan. Roast for about 1½ hours covered, and everything will be perfect. Scoop out the veggies, and then use a can of chicken stock and some cornstarch to make a gravy out of the pan drippings.
Note 3: Serve with buttered herb rice.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 16.2g
Total Carbohydrates: 1.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150129-Quick-Easy-Roasted-Pork-Loin