Makes 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 gr or 1 pinch salt
- 1 gr or 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 gr or 1 pinch ground cumin
- 235 ml or 1 cup salsa
- 115 gr or 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 190° C or 375° F.
- Heat a greased skillet to medium.
- Rub chicken pieces with garlic, salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Place in hot skillet.
- Cook until brown on both sides and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to 23×33 cm or 9×13-inch baking dish or casserole dish.
- Top with salsa and cheese, and bake in preheated oven until cheese is bubbly and starts to brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: Serve over rice or buttered noodles.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 11.1g
Total Carbohydrates: 4.9g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150115-Quick-Easy-Mexican-Chicken