Makes 8 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 gr or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 900 gr or 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 60 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
- 120 ml or ½ cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F.
- Crush garlic with rosemary, salt and pepper, making a paste.
- Pierce meat with a sharp knife in several places and press the garlic paste into the openings.
- Rub the meat with the remaining garlic mixture and olive oil.
- Place pork loin into oven, turning and basting with pan liquids.
- Cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 63° C or 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast to a platter.
- Heat the wine in the pan and stir to loosen browned bits of food on the bottom.
- Serve with pan juices.
Note 1: You can also rub the pork loin with the paste, then put it in a ziploc bag and put it in the fridge for a few hours to marinate.
Note 2: Throw in some cut up vegetables with the loin (carrots, onions and celery) and pour about 1/4 cup of wine in the bottom of the pan. Roast for about 1½ hours covered, and everything will be perfect. Scoop out the veggies, and then use a can of chicken stock and some cornstarch to make a gravy out of the pan drippings.
Note 3: Serve with buttered herb rice.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 16.2g
Total Carbohydrates: 1.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150129-Quick-Easy-Roasted-Pork-Loin
Low Fat Turkey Loaf
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 225 gr or ½ pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 60 ml or ¼ cup salsa
- 20 gr or ⅛ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 20 gr or ⅛ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 40 gr or ¼ cup chopped onion
- 25 gr or ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- lemon pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F.
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, egg, salsa, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, bread crumbs and lemon pepper.
- Mix well with hands until blended.
- Roll into a small loaf and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Note: Double the recipe to fit in a regular loaf pan and double the cooking time at 175° C or 350° F.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.1g
Total Carbohydrates: 6.1g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only one serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20150122-Quick-Easy-Low-Fat-Turkey-Loaf
I stayed far away from the stage last Sunday, I only stood on it before rehearsal. And almost fell off it when someone called me over near the entrance of the theater-restaurant. Don’t get me wrong, the stage is only 18 cm / 7 inches high, but the up lights where in my eyes so I couldn’t see where the stage ended and the floor began.
The theme of this Soirée Frivolette Culinette by Luna Lunettes was “Mother / whore, Maria, Madonna” And the show was filled with classic and modern songs, a recitation about Maria Magdalene, a spider charmer (who also performs with snakes, but not last Sunday) and a crooner. In the audience two people celebrated their birthday so the whole crew and the audience sang “Happy Birthday To You” for them, while the restaurant staff brought cake and prosecco to their tables.
I was sitting in the back with Pete Statham, a singer/songwriter I met several months ago. He’s a guest at Luna’s Tuesday performance at ‘t Mandje on Zeedijk. At the end of the show Luna wanted all the people who helped on stage, I refused. I’m only selling tickets and hope that after all the costs are subtracted something is left in the till.
It was a fun evening and afterwards most of the audience stayed for dinner too, a nice mix of artists and visitors. The next one is on Februari 22 and the theme will be L’Amour!