Makes 8 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cool: 2 hours
Cook: 20 minutes
- 475 ml or 2 cups whole milk
- 945 ml or 1 quart chicken stock
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter
- 590 gr or 3¼ cups dry polenta
- 85 gr or 3 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 15 gr or ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 945 ml or 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, chicken stock, and butter; bring to rolling boil.
- Slowly whisk in polenta.
- Turn down heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until polenta pulls from edge of pan.
- Mix in cheese and parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread polenta evenly over a cookie sheet, and refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Transfer polenta to cutting board and cut into 2x2x10 cm or ¾ by ¾ by 3½ inch sticks.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 185° C or 365° F.
- Fry polenta sticks in batches until crispy.
- Place on dry paper towels to drain.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 493
Total Fat: 24.6g
Total Carbohydrates: 53.7g
Dietary Fiber: 4.4g
PDF of this recipe: