Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 gr or 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- ¼ white onion, chopped
- 450 gr or 1 (16 ounce) package trimmed Brussels sprouts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat until the oil shimmers.
- Cook garlic, stirring often, until golden brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in onion and cook until soft, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the skillet and cook without stirring until the undersides of the sprouts turn golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir to turn sprouts over, and cook other sides until golden brown, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 12.1g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6g
PDF of this recipe: 20141220-FSD-Pan-Fried-Brussels-Sprouts