Makes 6 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 135 gr or 1 cup diced, raw beet
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 310 gr or 2 cups diced potatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 60 gr or ¼ cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 gr or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 40 gr or 1 cup torn beet greens
- Preheat an oven to 200° Cor 400° F.
- Place the beet, carrot, onion, potatoes, garlic, and garbanzo beans into a or 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, then season with thyme, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix well.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring once midway through baking.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and stir in the wine.
- Return to the oven, and bake until the wine has mostly evaporated and the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Stir in the beet greens, allowing them to wilt from the heat of the vegetables.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.9g
Total Carbohydrates: 20.8g
Dietary Fiber: 4.2g
PDF of this recipe: 20141219-FSD-Savory-Roasted-Root-Vegetables