Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Marinate: 60 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 55 gr or ¼ cup brown sugar
- 60 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
- 60 ml or ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 gr or 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ gr or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 x 170 gr or 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Whisk together the brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, and garlic powder in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the salmon fillets, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, and shake off excess.
- Discard the remaining marinade. (But read the note too!)
- Grill the salmon on the preheated grill until browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes on each side.
Note: Set some of the marinade aside and simmer it on the stove for a few minutes then spoon it over the top of the finished salmon.
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20141218-CotD-Grilled-Salmon