Makes 8 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 455 gr or 1 pound new potatoes, halved
- ½ large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 3 gr or 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 4 gr or 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 10 gr or 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190° C or 375° F.
- Toss potatoes, rutabaga, sweet potato, parsnips, and carrots with olive oil and chili sauce in a large bowl until coated.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, grill seasoning, and pepper.
- Toss again until evenly coated, then spread vegetables into a 9×13 inch roasting pan.
- Roast vegetables in preheated oven for 20 minutes, then stir, return to oven, and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes more.
Note 1: You can make it with any combination of root veggies. Skip the rutabagas and new potatoes and add butternut squash and turnips.
Note 2: Another blend of spices you can use is… savory spices such as thyme, oregano and rosemary with the onion and garlic powder and paprika and Old Bay.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 5.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 40.6g
Dietary Fiber: 7.6g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20141127-ComfortFood-Baked-Root-Vegetables