Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25-35 minutes
- 20 ml or 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 85 gr or 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 115 gr or 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 140 gr or 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 450 gr or 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 315 gr or 2 cups cooked white rice
- 225 gr or 8 ounces boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms.
- Combine mushrooms, sour cream, cheese, salsa, rice, and chicken.
- Place in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 175° C or 350° F for 25 to 35 minutes.
Note 1: Watch out! 2 cups of uncooked rice will give you 6 cups of cooked rice. This recipe calls for cooked rice.
Note 2: Want some extra crunch? Crumble totilla chips, mix with some butter and sprinkle on top of casserole before putting it in to bake.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 25.4g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20141120-ComfortFood-Chicken