Makes 6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 8 slices bacon
- 115 gr or 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 40 gr or ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 6 gr or 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 gr or ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 355 ml or 1½ cups milk
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 23 cm or 9 inch pie pan.
- Line bottom of pie plate with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour and milk; whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until set.
- Serve hot or cold.
Note 1: When you don’t have the time to make a pastry crust, try this quick lunch idea. You may add any other goodies you like, such as ham, chicken, crab, shrimp or broccoli.
Note 2: Glass pie pans take 5-8 minutes longer so don’t open the oven door until you’ve made the adjustment!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.8g 29 %
Total Carbohydrates: 12.9g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140814-ST08-Quick-Quiche