Makes 10 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 pound lean ground beef
- 225 gr or 8 ounces macaroni
- 80 gr or ½ cup chopped onion
- 300 gr or 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 400 gr or 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 35 gr or 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 55 gr or 2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 55 gr or 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 25 gr or 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 115 gr or ½ cup sour cream (optional)
- 25 gr or ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir ground beef and chopped onion over medium heat until brown.
- Mix in tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir in pasta.
- Spoon beef mixture into a 23×33 cm or 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle crumbled taco chips and grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with chopped green onions and sour cream, if desired.
Note 1: Serve with a salad and it’s a meal.
Note 2: Mix about half of the total amount of cheese into the beef mixture before spooning it into the casserole dish and top it with the remaining cheese.
Note 3: No tomato soup handy? Replace it with a can of salsa!
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 17g
Total Carbohydrates: 28.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.8g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140807-ST07-Taco-Casserole