Makes 6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Marinate: 8 hours
Cook: 15 minutes
- 60 ml or ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 60 ml or ¼ cup sherry
- 20 gr or 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 10 ml or 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75 gr or ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 10 gr or 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 6 gr or 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a large glass bowl, stir together the vinegar, oil, soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, sherry, mustard, and honey.
- Mix in the garlic, brown sugar, lemon pepper, oregano, rosemary, and salt.
- Place the chicken in the mixture.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
Note 1: Don’t be freaked out by the long list of ingredients, most of them are in your pantry!
Note 2: Cube the breast before you add them to the marinade. Afterwards put them on skewers and grill them.
Note 3: Add about 1 tablespoon of corn starch to the marinade. The marinade thickens up a bit and helps to retain the extra moisture in the chicken. Helps both on the breast or the vcubed version.
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140731-ST06-Grilled-Chicken