Makes 6 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cool: 30 minutes or longer
- 900 gr or 2 pounds small new potatoes, quartered
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml or ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 gr or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 gr or ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 80 gr or ½ cup chopped onion
- 100 gr or ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 6 gr or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with lightly salted water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Whisk vinegar, olive oil, mustard, basil, salt, and freshly ground pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and onion.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Let stand until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Fold blue cheese and chives into potato salad until blended.
- Food Note: Picnic salads, with or without mayonnaise, should be kept refrigerated or in a cooler. For food safety reasons, always refrigerate potato salads after 2 hours at room temperature, or 1 hour on hot days, at or above 32° C or 90° F.
Note 1: Fry up a bit of Pancetta and add it as well.
Note 2: The salad goes well with a grilled steak.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 14.4g
Total Carbohydrates: 29.5g
Dietary Fiber: 3.6g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140724-ST05-Potato-Salad-No-Mayonnaise