Makes 4 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 225 gr or 8 ounces pasta
- 60 ml or 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 75 gr or ½ cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 50 gr or ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 5 gr or 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 gr or 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried basil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the tomatoes, corn kernels, and scallions.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss pasta with tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
Note 1: Use any pasta you like, I prefer orzo.
Note 2: Add 2 grilled, and cubed, chicken breasts and you have a whole meal.
Note 3: Tastes great hot or cold.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 20.9g
Total Carbohydrates: 53.8g
Dietary Fiber: 6.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140717-ST04-Pasta-Tomato-Corn