Makes 8 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Cool: 60 minutes (or longer it enhances the flavor)
- 10 red potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- olive oil, or as needed
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- ½ stalk celery, chopped
- 25 gr or ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 235 ml or 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190° C or 375° F.
- Spread potato pieces onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes.
- Place roasted potatoes into a large salad bowl and combine with hard-cooked eggs, celery, green onion, and bacon.
- Stir in mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors blend.
Note 1: To make it a bit easier, put the diced potatoes in a freezer bag and add salt, freshly ground black pepper, olive oil and a little Dijon mustard. Mix everything all together really good, then dump onto a baking sheet to roast.
Note 2: Use turkey bacon for a change.
Note 3: Serve the chopped boiled eggs as a garnish for people with an egg issue. (like I do)
Note 4: Add a bit of garlic and some very finely chopped red onion to the mix.
Note 5: You can also split the mayo between mayo and lite sour cream. Letting the salad marinate for 4 or more hours makes the flavors more lively.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 28.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 43.8g
Dietary Fiber: 4.6g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140710-ST03-Roasted-Red-Potato-Salad