Makes 4 to 6 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
- 680 gr or 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes
- 75 gr or ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 250 gr or 1 cup cooked diced ham
- 115 gr or 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 120 mlor ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 220° C or 425° F.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the potatoes and combine them with the melted butter or margarine in a small bowl.
- Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 25 cm or 10 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 220° C or 425° F for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and arrange the ham and cheese evenly over the potatoes.
- In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs and the cream.
- Pour this over the ham and cheese.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the egg mixture has completely set.
Note: Use milk instead of cream and bacon rather than ham but add two additional egg whites.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 32.9g
Total Carbohydrates: 25.2g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140703-ST02-Ham-Cheese-Breakfast-Quiche