I’m still doing well, I still lose weight, I had only one heart attack in all these months, on the early morning we would drive back from Basel to Amsterdam (June 1). But with the help of a pill, working for 3 hours on the computer to keep my mind occupied with what I was doing instead of listening to my running heart rhythm. Later I snoozed all the way home in the car.
Lately my Mum (almost 94) has suffered more from her Alzheimer, and my Dad (almost 91) who’s helped her these past 5 years can’t cope with it anymore. Luckely with the help of a dementia specialist we could find a place where she can live and get all the care she needs. Of course for Dad, it was not an easy decision, the words “for better and worse…” has been playing in his head. Of course just as before one of us visit her every day, so Dad doesn’t have to do that and can do the things he wants to do, like playing golf or going shopping. Before all this he had to keep in mind the time, if she felt well or all that other stuff life is throwing at you.
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
- 120 ml or ½ cup olive oil
- 60 ml or ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 65 gr or ⅓ cup white sugar
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, cleaned and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 15 gr or ⅛ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 85 gr or ½ (6 ounce) package chow mein noodles
- In a glass jar with a lid, mix together olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and soy sauce.
- Close the lid, and shake until well mixed.
- Combine the bok choy, green onions, almonds, and chow mein noodles in a salad bowl.
- Toss with dressing, and serve.
Note 1: No rice vinegar? Use white vinegar instead!
Note 2: Serve the chow mein noodles “on the side” so they don’t get soggy.
Note 3: Add canned mandarin orange slices which makes this salad even yummier!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 33.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 35.9g
Dietary Fiber: 3.7g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: