Makes 2 servings
Prep: 45 minutes
Cool: 60 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Don’t let the list of ingredients fool you. This is super easy, and gets rave reviews whenever I serve it. The salsa can be made the day ahead to save time. Combine leftover salsa with some drained black beans the next day for lunch.
- 80 ml or ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 gr or 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 gr or ½ teaspoon salt
- 340 gr or 2 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 20 gr or 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 3 gr or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, parsley, garlic, basil, 1 teaspoon pepper, and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
- Add the tilapia fillets, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare the mango salsa by combining the mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper in a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and toss well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Remove the tilapia from the marinade, and shake off excess.
- Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the fillets until the fish is no longer translucent in the center, and flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Serve the tilapia topped with mango salsa.
Note 1: Strawberries can be substituted for the mango if you prefer, both are excellent.
Note 2: Serve with herbed rice and steamed asparagus.
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140626-ST01-Grilled-Tilapia-Mango-Salsa