Prep: 10 minutes
Cool: 70 minutes
- 20 gr or 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 8 gr or 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 100 gr or ½ cup white sugar
- 120 ml or ½ cup olive oil
- 60 ml or ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 ml or ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 gr or 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 280 gr or 10 ounces fresh spinach rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 615 gr or 1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 35 gr or ¼ cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss.
- Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note 1: I have learned is to put all the dressing ingredients in the blender and puree’ instead of trying to finely chop the onion and wisk everything together. It’s much easier that way!
Note 2: In the winter time when strawberries are out of season, I use a can or two of mandarin oranges instead of strawberries.
Note 3: Crumbled feta cheese is also good on this salad.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 35.2g
Saturated Fat: 4.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 42.9g
Dietary Fiber: 6.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140501-Strawberry-Spinach-Salad