Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 275 gr or 3 cups broccoli florets
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 2½ cm or 1 inch strips
- 25 gr or ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 15 gr or 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 gr or ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 gr or ½ teaspoon low sodium salt
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 30 ml or ⅛ cup low sodium chicken stock
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 2½ cm or 1 inch of boiling water, and cover.
- Cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the chicken, green onions, and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Stir the hoisin sauce, chile paste, and low sodium soy sauce into the skillet.
- Season with ginger, red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir in the low sodium chicken stock and simmer about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the steamed broccoli until coated with the sauce mixture.
Note 1: Great served over jasmine rice.
Note 2: You can also use pork instead of chicken and white wine instead chicken broth.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.2g
Total Carbohydrates: 11.9g
Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140403-StirFried-Sweet-and-Spicy-Chicken-Broccoli