Makes 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 70 minutes
- 45 gr or 1 (1.5 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix
- 170 gr or 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 225 gr or 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 415 ml or 1¾ cups water
- 2 eggs
- 570 gr or 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 3 gr or ½ teaspoon salt
- 285 gr or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 40 gr or ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 225 gr or 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 8 lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F.
- Lightly grease one 32.5×23 cm or 13×9 inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine spaghetti sauce mix, tomato sauce, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and combine them with the ricotta or cottage cheese, salt, spinach and 20 gr or ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread one half cup tomato sauce mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place half the uncooked noodles over the sauce, spread with half the spinach mixture, half the mozzarella cheese, and half of the tomato sauce.
- Repeat layers, using remaining ingredients.
- Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish securely with aluminum foil and bake for in the preheated oven 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Note 1: Instead of making the sauce with sauce mix, tomato paste and tomato sauce you can use a can of spaghetti sauce.
Note 2: Cottage cheese works just as well as ricotta.
Note 3: When you like more cheese add a cup of romano and extra parmesan
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat: 13.8g
Total Carbohydrates: 32.7g
Dietary Fiber: 3.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20140227-Lasagna-Verde