Cooked goose, chicken or turkey breast, pasta, veggies, sherry and broth with creamy and cheesy elements, all baked into a classic. This casserole is a great way to use leftover goose, turkey or chicken. Delicious and freezes well too. [I know: leftovers from leftovers.]
Makes 12 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 [16 ounce] package linguine pasta
- 115 gr or ½ cup butter
- 210 gr or 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 160 gr or 1 cup minced onion
- 150 gr or 1 cup minced green bell pepper
- 600 ml or 2 [10.75 ounce] cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 475 ml or 2 cups chicken broth
- 275 gr or 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 285 gr or 1 [10 ounce] package frozen green peas
- 120 ml or ½ cup cooking sherry
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 gr or 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 560 gr or 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast [or goose or turkey]
- 80 gr or 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- paprika to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190° C or 375° F.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth; cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Stir in pasta, Cheddar cheese, peas, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chicken.
- Mix well and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 28×36 cm or 11×14 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
Note 1: You don’t like peppers? Substituted them instead with celery.
Note 2: You can substitute the cooking sherry with Marsala wine.
Amount Per Serving Based on chicken.
Total Fat 24.7g
Total Carbohydrates 39g
Dietary Fiber 2.9g
PDF of this recipe: 20131226-Christmas-Feast-part04-Goose-Chicken-or-Turkey-Tetrazzini