Makes 6 servings
Prep: 25 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 6 [whole wheat] lasagna noodles
- 450 gr or 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 800 gr or 1 [28 ounce] jar pasta sauce
- 8 gr or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ gr or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ gr or ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ gr or ½ teaspoon dried chives
- ¼ gr or ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 gr or 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 225 gr or 2 cups shredded yellow and white marbled Cheddar cheese, divided
- 225 gr or 1 [8 ounce] package light cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and pat noodles dry with paper towels.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking the meat into crumbles as it cooks, about 10 minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce into beef mixture and stir garlic powder, basil, parsley, chives, oregano, and nutmeg into beef and sauce.
- Spread half of the beef sauce into a 2-quart casserole dish and sprinkle with 1 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Lay a lasagna noodle out onto a lightly floured work surface and spread with 2 tablespoons cream cheese.
- Spread 2 tablespoons ground beef sauce onto noodle; roll noodle and place with seam side down atop cheese in casserole dish.
- Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Sprinkle remaining beef sauce and 1 cup Cheddar cheese over noodle rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese and sauce bubble, 10 to 15 minutes.
Note 1: You can use whole wheat noodles instead of white. You can add your favorite veggies to the sauce mix. Low-fat cheese works too, or whatever your favorite cheese is.
Note 2: Leftovers freeze easy.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 30.2g
Total Carbohydrates 40.5g
Dietary Fiber 4.6g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20131031-Lasagna-Roll-Ups