Makes 8 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- 455 gr or 1 pound ground beef
- 160 gr or 1 cup chopped onion
- 120 gr or 1 cup chopped celery
- 130 gr or 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 425 gr or 1 (15 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
- 425 gr or 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1075 gr or 2 (19 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 475 ml or 2 cups water
- 15 gr or 5 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 gr or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 gr or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 180 gr or 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 425 gr or 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 425 gr or 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 100 gr or 1 cup macaroni
- Place ground beef in a large soup pot.
- Cook over medium heat until evenly browned.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrots, garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, water and bouillon.
- Season with parsley, oregano and basil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, corn, green beans and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender and pasta is al dente.
- Add more water if needed.
Note 1: You can use fresh spinach instead of cabbage and ground turkey instead of beef.
Note 2: Leftovers taste even better the next day.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 16.6g
Saturated Fat 6.4g
Total Carbohydrates 52.5g
Dietary Fiber 13.3g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20131024-Italian-Vegetable-Soup