Makes 4 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- cooking spray
- 455 gr or 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into thick French fries
- 1 gr or 1 pinch salt to taste
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 gr or ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 230º C or 450º F
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Butternut squash has more moisture than potatoes. It is important to blot out as much moisture as possible before cooking, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and Cajun seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and tender, 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.
Note 1: Spray not only the baking sheet but also the fries with cooking spray. If the fries are large enough, you can place them on a baking rack on top of the baking pan so the air can circulate beneath them and that will also help crisp the fries. Lastly, if they are not crisp enough you can bake them a little longer.
Note 2: With regard to the seasoning I use a homemade cajun seasoning without salt.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 0.1g
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 13.5g
Dietary Fiber 2.3g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat one serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20131017-Butternut-Squash-Cajun-Fries