1. How often and where do you listen to music?
Not often enough, for background noise when working on the computer the TV is on. When I read, music can be distracting. So, as a matter of fact I only listen to music when doing nothing.
2. When was the last time you bought music in CD format?
Last week I bought “The Planets” by Gustav Holst [1974-1934], and played by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
3. Do you buy complete albums or just a song at a time? Is this different now because of iTunes?
I still buy complete albums, even with the new iPad I still haven’t bought music on iTunes.
4. From who do you purchase your digital music?
5. Do you listen to satellite or internet radio? How about Podcasts?
I sometimes do listen to internet radio. Podcasts… I’m still a digibetic.
6. What are your favorite kinds of music?
Classical music, from light classic till songs from the 50’s to 90’s.
7. Today’s music…
I often have the feeling the singers have short memories, they have to repeat over and over the same text.
8. What music is your guilty pleasure?
9. Have you heard a song recently that reminds you of someone?
‘Women of Ireland’ by Seán Ó Riada is playing through my head lately. People my age will know it as te recurring music of Barry Lyndon [the movie] by Stanley Kubric. Just to refresh your memory go to this site.
Do you play music to set the mood?
Once it’s set, what do you play to keep the action moving?
It’s background music, so it shouldn’t distract from conversations going on.