Makes 6 servings
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
- 5 gr or 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 center cut bone-in pork chops
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter
- 235 ml or 1 cup water
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- Combine the salt, sage and black pepper in a small bowl and rub on both sides of the chops.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute the chops for 5 minutes per side, or until well browned.
- Meanwhile, in a separate small saucepan over high heat, combine the water and the bouillon and stir until bouillon dissolves.
- Add this to the chops, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer chops for 45 minutes.
Note: These chops are so easy to make, but they taste like you’ve slaved over them for hours! Serve with roasted red potatoes and vegetables, if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 7.8g
Saturated Fat 3.6g
Total Carbohydrates 0.6g
Dietary Fiber 0.1g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only one serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130905-Sage-Pork-Chops