Yes Spo, for you it is a SIN! 😉
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Marinate: 30 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 lime, juiced
- 350 ml or 1 [12 fluid ounce] can light colored beer
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 gr or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly grounded pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice, beer, honey, garlic, cilantro, and salt and pepper until the honey dissolves.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess; discard remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken until tender and juices run clear, about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
Note 1: Zest the lime then juice it, and use both in the marinade.
Note 2: Add ½ teaspoon of ground coriander instead of the cilantro as it is the seed of the cilantro and has about the same taste and mixes into the marinade easier.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 2.9g
Saturated Fat 0.8g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 0.5g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130822-Sun-on-a-Plate-Beer-Lime-Grilled-Chicken