Easy-to-make chicken with a little variation. Great on the grill but just as good baked in the oven when you can’t grill out.
Makes 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- cooking spray
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 180 ml or ¾ cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until the edges begin to crisp, about 5 minutes; drain bacon on paper towels.
- Wrap each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon in an x-shaped pattern and place into the prepared baking sheet with bacon ends underneath.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Spread barbeque sauce over chicken breasts and bake until the juices run clear, the chicken is no longer pink inside, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads at least 70° C or 160° F, 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Serve, and…
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 10.1g
Total Carbohydrates 17.3g
Dietary Fiber 0.3g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130815-Sun-on-a-Plate-BBQ-Bacon-Chicken-Bake