Makes 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 [16 ounce] package angel hair [Capellini] pasta
- 60 ml or ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 360 gr or 2 cups roma [plum] tomatoes, diced
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 300 gr or 1 [10.75 ounce] can low-sodium chicken broth
- crushed red pepper to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 gr or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 20 gr or ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
- Pour olive oil in a large deep skillet over high-heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add tomatoes, vinegar and chicken broth; simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir in red pepper, black pepper, basil and cooked pasta, tossing thoroughly with sauce.
- Simmer for about 5 more minutes and serve topped with grated cheese.
Note 1: You can add cooked chicken breast chunks or shrimp to the sauce for a great main dish.
Note 2: Almost any pasta will do, so next to angel hair [Capellini] you can also use Ziti, Tagliatelle or the smaller sized ones like Fusilli, Pappardelle, Ditalini, Penne rigate, Capunti, Farfalle, Capunti or Lumaconi.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 18.3g
Total Carbohydrates 69.7g
Dietary Fiber 5.4g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130718-Sun-on-a-Plate-Pasta-Pomodoro