Makes 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Marinate: 2 hours
Cook: 15 minutes
- 910 gr or 2 pounds skirt steak, pounded flat
- 50 gr or 10 [.18 ounce] packets sazon seasoning with coriander and achiote, such as Goya® [Beware this one has lots of MSG in it, the link gives a homemade recipe]
- 7 gr or 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 175 ml or ½ [12 fluid ounce] bottle Mexican beer
- Sprinkle each piece of skirt steak with the sazon and white pepper.
- Stack the seasoned steak in a deep dish as you season them.
- Pour the beer over the steak.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the steak from the dish and discard the marinade.
- Cook the skirt steak on the prepared grill until they are very firm, hot, and gray in the center, 7 to 10 minutes per side.
Note: Serve with beans, rice, cilantro and onions or any topping of your choice and tortillas and you can’t go wrong. Use your favorite Mexican beer to make these. Serve on warm tortillas with the other toppings and salsa verde! And have some cold beers on the side.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 6.2g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Total Carbohydrates 1.9g
Dietary Fiber 0.3g
Note: The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130627-Sun-on-a-Plate-Skirt-Steak