Makes 4 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 4 baking potatoes, cut into 1 cm or ½ inch slices
- 55 gr or ¼ cup melted butter
- 8 slices bacon – cooked and crumbled
- 225 gr or 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 50 gr or ½ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 200° C or 400° F
- Brush both side of potato slices with butter; place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- When potatoes are ready, top with bacon, cheese, and green onion; continue baking until the cheese has melted.
Note: Tastes great with an extra topping of sour cream.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 54.2g
Total Carbohydrates 39.7g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only 1 slice max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130613-Cheese-Bacon-Potato-Rounds