Makes 12 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 455 gr or 1 pound ground sausage
- 285 gr or 1 [10 ounce] package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- 115 gr or ½ cup sour cream
- 115 gr or 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 450 gr or 2 [8 ounce] cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 165° C or 325° F
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place thawed broccoli in a small saucepan, cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together sausage, broccoli, sour cream and cheese.
- Place 1 package of crescent rolls flattened on a 25×30 cm or 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Cover with broccoli mixture. Place remaining crescent rolls on top of mixture and pinch seams to seal.
- Brush top with egg white.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Note: A great breakfast or brunch for guests. Easy to prepare, and delicious.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 26.9g
Total Carbohydrates 17.4g
Dietary Fiber 0.7g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130530-Breakfast-Wellington