Makes 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 170 gr or 1 cup quinoa
- 475 ml or 2 cups water
- 475 ml or 2 cups apple juice
- 145 gr or 1 cup raisins
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- salt to taste
- 10 ml or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place quinoa in a sieve and rinse thoroughly.
- Allow to drain, then place quinoa in a medium saucepan with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover pan with lid, lower heat, and allow to simmer until all water is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mix in apple juice, raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for 15 minutes longer.
- Stir in vanilla extract. Serve warm.
Note: Quinoa is a high-protein grain native to South America. You can find it in most health food stores and some grocery stores. This is a simple, delicious vegan recipe full of plump raisins, and sweetened with apple juice.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 1.9g
Total Carbohydrates 42.6g
Dietary Fiber 2.7g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat a full serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130516-Quinoa-Pudding