Makes 4 servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 170 gr or 1 cup quinoa
- 475 ml or 2 cups chicken broth
- 5 gr or 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 gr or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 140 gr or 1 cup shredded cooked chicken meat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the onion, celery, and carrots in the hot oil until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and sage.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cover.
- Simmer until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken meat; season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Note: Make sure you rinse the quinoa before you cook it.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 12.4g
Saturated Fat 7.3g
Total Carbohydrates 34.3g
Dietary Fiber 5.2g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130507-Quinoa-Pilaf-Shredded-Chicken