Makes 8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Marinate: 2 hours
Cook: 20 minutes
- 45 ml or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 40 gr or 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 30 ml or 2 tablespoons sherry
- 15 ml or 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ gr or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 5 cm or 2 inch pieces
- 1 [560 gr] or [20 ounce] can pineapple chunks, drained
- In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder.
- Stir the chicken pieces and pineapple into the marinade until well coated.
- Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Thread chicken and pineapple alternately onto skewers.
- Grill 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear.
Note: Make it less salty by using low salt soy sauce.
Footnote: The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cook time, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 4.2g
Saturated Fat 0.9g
Total Carbohydrates 17.1g
Dietary Fiber 0.6g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a portion max!
PDF of this recipe: 20130502-Hawaiian-Chicken-Kabobs