Makes 6 servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 65 minutes
- 450 gr or 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 gr or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 gr or 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 600 gr or 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 410 gr or 1 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 410 gr or 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 32 gr or 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 gr or 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 880 gr or 2 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained (optional)
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Crumble the ground beef into a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir until evenly browned.
- Drain off most of the grease.
- Add onion, red pepper flakes, and half of the cumin; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Pour in the tomato soup, chicken broth, and crushed tomatoes.
- Season with chili powder and freshly ground black pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour in the beans, and season with remaining cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Now enjoy.
Note 1: There’s no salt in the main recipe, the salt can be found in the condensed soup and broth.
Note 2: Add some 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced to the chopped onions until tender.
Note 3: Sprinkle at the end with shredded cheddar, and serve with green beans or a salad.
Amount Per Serving Main recipe.
Total Fat 13.3g
Total Carbohydrates 46.9g
Dietary Fiber 11.4g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band [WLS] persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130425-AC-03-Hoosier-Chili