Makes 4 servings [12x 15 cm or 6-inch pancakes]
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 125 gr or 1 cup flour
- 2 gr or ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 5 gr or 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 265 ml or 1⅛ cups buttermilk
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat and lightly grease a large skillet or electric griddle.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add the egg, buttermilk, and butter; stir together lightly, but keep it lumpy.
- The batter should look thick, spongy, and puffy.
- Drop a laddle of the batter onto the cooking surface, spreading lightly with the bottom of the laddle.
- Cook until lightly-browned on each side, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Note 2: WLS people watch out with sugary coverings!
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 7.9g
Total Carbohydrates 27.2g
Dietary Fiber 0.8g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130418-AC-02-Buttermilk-Pancakes