Makes 6 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 225 gr or 8 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 225 gr or 1 [8 ounce] package shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 340 gr or 12 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 225 gr or 1 [8 ounce] container light sour cream
- 20 gr or ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 110 gr or 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 30 gr or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 175° C or 350° F
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes.
- Stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper in a 25×30 cm or 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix together bread crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
- Bake until top is golden in the preheated oven, 30 to 35 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 9.9g
Total Carbohydrates 45.9g
Dietary Fiber 4.5g
Gastric Bypass, Gastric Sleeve and Lap-band persons can eat only half a serving max !
PDF of this recipe: 20130411-AC-01-Mac-Cheese-Lite